We have a total hairstyle crush on Kate Mara’s chic ‘do. Find out why in this week’s installment of Celeb Hairstyle of the Week!
Are you all Emmy-ed out yet? OK, who am I kidding, I live for this stuff! One look that really caught my eye on the red carpet this year was Kate Mara’s gorgeous, glam ‘do. The side waves looked super sweet against the soft hue of her embellished gown, don’t you think?
Celebrity stylist Christopher Naselli gave the American Horror Story actress this fab ‘do using Oribe products and I got his tips for recreating the look at home!
Get the look
“Kate’s Badgley Mischka dress was very A Midsummer Night’s Dream,” Naselli said. “We wanted her hair to feel young, romantic and airy.”
- Start off by applying Foundation Mist and Volumista Mist for Volume, and then rough dry.
- Spray sections of hair with Soft Lacquer Heat Styling Spray from the ear down and wrap them around a 1.5-inch barrel iron. Let hair cool.
- Using a slight amount of Sculpting Cream, braid the right side of hair down to the neck. Secure your braid with an elastic.
- To give hair some dimension, pull the left side over to create a bun, and add the braid in.
- Complete your look with Superfine Hair Spray for all-night hold.
We’re loving Kate’s cute hairstyle! How about you? Sound off in the comments! And check out other celebrity hairstyles!