2012 Emmy Awards hair report
The Emmys are always fun to watch -- some look out for the stylish threads or mod makeup, but for me, it is all about the hair. Emmy tresses are always a hot indicator of trends to come for fall. From Hollywood darling Zooey Deschanel and her perfect bangs to va-va-voom star Christina Hendricks and her retro waves, these red carpet stand outs were the "mane" attraction.
Here are my top picks for award-winning hair -- and luckily they are all pretty simple to recreate at home!
Retro waves with dramatic side parts
- Shannon Woodward
- Christina Hendricks
- Kimberly Brook
- Tracy Pollan
- Jessica Lange (shorter, more mature version)
- Claire Danes
- Heidi Klum
- Kaley Cuoco (pulled into a side braid)
To achieve at home
- Apply a mousse or sculpting cream to damp hair and part hair on one side. Make the part fall near the end of your eyebrow. Dry hair with a blow dryer.
- Using hot rollers, wrap the hair horizontally down from the part toward the ear.
- In the back of the head, roll the rollers down.
- On the other side of the head, roll the rollers down.
- After the rollers are completely cool, take them out and spray the hair with a lightweight hairspray. I like Impermeable by Oribe -- it is also humidity resistant.
- Brush the hair with a boar bristle brush away from the face to soften the curls.
- Finish with a stronger hold hairspray to hold the finished set.