Refreshing drink recipes and makeup ideas for summer days
You put a lot of thought into coordinating your makeup with your outfit. Don’t ruin the whole thing by holding a drink that clashes with your color scheme!
Try these refreshing drink recipes for a summer drink guaranteed to keep you cool -- we’ve made some with alcohol and some without -- and pair them up with these matching makeup ideas for a look that will really impress.
Watermelon is always a refreshing treat. Add it to your martini for a party drink that really does the trick.
- 6 ounces watermelon juice
- 1-1/4 ounce vodka
- 1 cup triple sec
- Juice from two limes
- Watermelon chunks for garnish (optional)
- To make the watermelon juice, remove the seeds and rinds from the watermelon and puree it in a blender or food processor until smooth.
- Pour the watermelon juice, vodka, triple sec and lime juice into a shaker and fill it the rest of the way with ice.
- Shake it vigorously eight to 10 times, and then strain and pour the mixture.
- Garnish with watermelon pieces. Makes two drinks.
Serve those drinks with straws to keep those gorgeous lips intact!
Pina colada smoothie
You can always count on a tropical pina colada to cool you down on a hot summer day. Try it as a smoothie for a cool and icy drink that’ll really knock your socks off! This is the family-friendly version, but if you’re looking for a more adult-friendly drink, add a shot (or two!) of rum.
There are lots of ways to wear white eyeshadow. For the most flattering summer look, use your finger to apply a tiny bit on the inner corner of your eyelid and along your lower lash line. It's just a little bit of color, but it's enough to make you glow and your eyes really pop.
- 1 cup fresh pineapple, chunked
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 banana
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 cup ice cubes
- Pineapple chunks for garnish (optional)
- Put the pineapple chunks, coconut milk, banana, honey and ice in a blender and puree until smooth.
- Pour into glasses and garnish with pineapple chunks, if desired.