True Blood beauty fans have a reason to celebrate. HSN has just launched a juicy collection inspired by the HBO hit series called “Forsaken.” Read our review below to see why we’re screaming bloody murder.
A bloody good line
HBO and HSN: a partnership that’s as sexy as it is dark. All True Blood fans have an extra reason to get all glammed up in their own darkly sinister fashion, with the launch of the shopping network’s own Forsaken collection.
This gorgeous and deeply dark collection includes the following precious hauls:
- A beautifully embossed Forsaken Eau de Parfum (1.7 ounces; $60) that contains plump, dark top notes of dark blackberry, Anjou pear and blood orange; middle notes of night blooming jasmine, sheer violet and black plum; and base notes of ebony wood, amber crystals, patchouli and vanilla. The bottle itself is dramatic, gorgeous and totally haute couture with its black calligraphy-like swirls and writing. Deep red lines swirl like vampire blood, and there’s a darkly cute charm that festoons the lid. It’s a collector’s item, if there ever was one.
- A sumptuous D.L & Company Glass Candle and Diffuser Set ($48) that’s perfect for spicing up your home
- A large Glass Decanter Diffuser Set ($48) with a highly ornate clear bottle (this is one you’ll be proud to display on your vanity or nightstand)
- A gorgeous Deborah Lippmann Forsaken Mini Nail Trio ($25) with killer shades: New Flesh (clean nude), Strange Love (vampy magenta), Bad Blood (sheer black cherry)
- A Forsaken Body Cream ($42)
- A lip color and nail lacquer set with the lip color Bite Me and nail lacquer Let It Bleed (swatched; $28)
- A Deborah Lippmann Sookie Sookie nail lacquer duo for that beigy French mani with Human Nature (mortal putty taupe) and Fairydust (ethereal shimmer; $25)
- A shimmering Body Veil with powder puff ($31) that will charm your girlish socks off
Worth the splurge?
Absolutely. The Eau de Parfum alone is a gem, with succulent notes and a sumptuous look and feel to it. Everything about it will make you feel out of this world. The nail lacquers go on evenly (it IS Deborah Lippmann, after all), and the stylish square-shaped bottle with the True Blood logo is something of a collector’s item. And the brush is a dream… it will not spill your nail lacquer but preserve each drop so you can coat your precious nails.
HBO has announced that True Blood will be renewed for a sixth season that will premiere in June 2013.