Beauty Beat: How to get the celebs' sexy summer braids
Want to get the beachy chic braided look that all the celebrities are rocking this summer? Celebrity hair guru Jose Eber is showing us how in today’s Beauty Beat.
And thanks to celebrity hair guru Jose Eber, you can copy their hippie chic style, too.
Eber, stylist to the stars and owner of the self-titled salon in Beverly Hills, invited us to his hair haven to learn the trick to this summer’s most coveted look. Eber's salon caters to the likes of Sienna Miller, Eva Longoria and Jennifer Garner, so you know they know their stuff!
Watch and learn the three must-have looks
The Boho Chic Pull-Back
- Prep your hair by curling it in loose waves.
- Part in the middle and French braid each side back to your ear.
- Once you reach the ear, continue to braid the piece normally and secure the sides together in the back with a bobby pin.
- Bring the rest of your hair forward and scrunch the braids to loosen them up.
The Simple Side Twist
- Begin at step 4 of the Boho Chic Pull-Back and begin twisting your hair from one side to the other.
- Continue adding pieces until you’ve twisted it all the way to the other side and formed a ridge.
- Secure tightly with a bobby pin.
The Romantic Braided Updo
- Start at the last step of the Boho Chic Pull-Back and part the hair that’s down into two sections.
- Braid each section and secure with an elastic band.
- Bring each braid up in a circular motion (Princess Leia style), and secure once above the ear with a bobby pin and once at the base of the braid.
- Loosen the braids around the front of your face and remove a few wispy pieces.
Jose’s #1 Tip For Braiding
Keep it simple! “You shouldn't look for perfection. The messier the better."
Get the look: