Steal vs. splurge swimwear: The tankini
You don’t have to break the bank to look hot at the pool this summer!
We all want to look hot while we're lounging poolside or soaking up rays at the beach. Thankfully, we can all look like a million bucks without spending that much! This splurge vs. steal example shows you just how easy it is to find pieces you love just as much as those designer duds, without the hefty price tag.
This outfit is super sexy, and perfect for any beach or pool. Unfortunately, all those designer pieces will set you back a pretty penny.
1. Hermanny beaded tankini – Nordstrom, top, $95, bottoms, $67
2. Coach Adelle sunglasses – Coach, $158
3. Refined straw tote – Lands' End, $150
4. Bronzallure tiered disc earrings – Lord and Taylor, $89
5. Sondra sandal – Michael Kors, Zappos, $98
This beach-ready ensemble resembles the first one pretty closely, and looks just as great (if not better!). You can put it together for a fraction of the price, so you'll have plenty of money left to save for a rainy day — or to spend on a few more pool outfits!
- Old Navy tankini – Tankinis work great for just about any shape or size, and we love this one! It's not beaded, but the boho-inspired design gives you the same feel as the splurge tankini, and the colors are spot-on. Pick one up from Old Navy for a lot less than you'd spend on a designer suit, but look just as great!
- Candies square sunglasses – How long do you really ever hold on to a pair of sunglasses? You drop them getting out of your car, they get stepped on and ran over, and if you do manage to keep them for more than a few months they usually get stretched out from being worn on the top of your head! Save your money and pick up this pair from Kohls for just $14.
- Natural paper crochet tote – This bag rocks for so many reasons! It’s soft — not scratchy — and has a super-soft lining with an inside zipper for keeping all those tiny items that always sink to the bottom of your bag. The neutral color matches everything, and it'll hold everything you need for a day at the beach! Pick it up at Target for just $25.
- a.n.a. gold mini coin earrings – You should never wear expensive jewelry to the beach or pool. You have to take it off before you get in the water, and no one wants to leave pricey pieces laying poolside. Snatch these fabulous tiered earrings for just $10 from JCPenney!
- Twist woven sandals – Who says you can't have designer items at low prices? These Christian Siriano sandals are part of a special line the designer has fashioned for Payless, and they'll set you back just $25.