Looking for a simple way to look younger? Try a new hairstyle! Our tips below will take 10 years off your look.
You know the feeling — standing in front of your bathroom mirror, wondering the simplest way to take years off your look. Maybe you’ve tried that new face cream or a hot new surgical treatment, but did you know a simple haircut could literally take a few years off your face in just one hour?! Whether you’re looking for a new short ‘do or sexy waves, we drop into the Cristophe Beverly Hills Salon to catch stylist Glenn Deneve’s simple hair tips.
“Pixie cuts are fun, easy and sexy any time of the year, but especially in the summer,” says Deneve. “Try Ginnifer Goodwin’s style — it’s a bold statement.”
- Cut your hair short, and keep soft layers around the ears, leaving it slightly longer at the crown, so you look ultra-feminine. Tip: This is best for fine or slightly wavy hair; thick or curly hair gets too bulky when too short.
- To balance out a long face, keep volume on the side.
- To lengthen a square or round face, the layers should be longer across the forehead.
Soft, beach waves
- Shampoo and condition your hair.
- Put soft mousse from the mid-length to the ends of your hair, and dry. Tip: You could also use salt water instead in a spray bottle to give it more hold.
- Section hair in two, and break apart into 2-inch sections. Then, take a curling iron vertically from the head, and make sure the ends of the hair face down. Leave the last two inches of the hair out, and hold for about 15 to 20 seconds.
- After doing the whole head, flip your head upside down, and while you spray beach spray into the hair, shake out your curls, flip your head back up and go through it with your fingers until it looks natural.
Watch: Makeup tips to look younger
Used to wearing neutrals but want to be a bit more adventurous? Image consultant Sharon Connolly shows you how to just jazz up what you normally do by adding a bit of depth and color.