The ultimate summer beauty guide
It's here! It's here! Our fave season of the year has arrived and it's time to get a serious beauty plan in order. So what products should you stock up on the next time you go to the mall? Try a few of our current obsessions.
Oh, summer hair. Beachy waves, frizzy 'dos and sun-kissed strands. So what products should you stock up on this season? That's easy!
- Sun hat: Smart chicks know that sun hats keep their strands protected from the harsh rays. But a gal also wants to look stylish, so make sure to choose a fun neutral hat that can go with anything, like this one from Target!
- Chic ponytail holder: Steamy summer days call for cool updos, but sometimes we like to let our hair down a little too. For days when you want to transition from an up to down 'do in style, try these Goody ponytail holders. They look like bracelets, so no one will be able to tell your little secret.
- Beachy waves spray: Summer is all about sexy tousled waves reminiscent of the beachy vibe. You can achieve that best with a texturizing surf spray, like this new one from Bumble and Bumble.
- Gentle cleansing shampoo: Let's face it ladies -- our hair gets pretty greasy in the summer, so we need a gentle shampoo to get all the gunk out. I'm loving this one from Shu Uemura at the moment!
- Detox mask: You know how sometimes we just have to indulge in that delish dessert? Yeah, well sometimes we're a little naughty and over-expose our locks to the sun. For these instances, you're going to need a detox sun mask, like this new one from Paul Mitchell.
What woman really wants to slap a ton of makeup on her face during the hot summer months? Not us! These makeup must-haves are all you'll really need this season!
- A tinted moisturizer: Say hello to your summer BFF, ladies. Toss your heavy foundations in favor of this light tinted moisturizer with SPF 15 from Amore Pacific.
- A waterproof mascara: For those beach and sweaty humid days, you'll want to enlist a meltproof mascara, dolls. Try this one from L'Oreal.
- Highlighter: Summer doesn't really call for heavy makeup, but a little bit of shimmer helps add some definition to your face. On days when I want a pretty sheen, I rub on a bit of this highlighter from Vapour Organic Beauty in the corner of my eye or my brow bone.
- Bronzer: We love the look of a healthy tan, but we know that getting one can also be dangerous, so the next best thing is bronzer! Fake your healthy glow with this fun textured bronzer from Sonia Kashuk.
- Blotting papers: Humid days can cause quite the sweat pool on your face, and what woman wants that? Keep your cool with these tea tree oil blotting papers from The Body Shop!
- Lip /cheek stain: Ditch the 20-minute face this summer ladies, and use a multitasking product like this lip/cheek stain from Benefit! It's a fave of makeup artist Kevin James Bennett!
- SPF lip balm: Don't go anywhere without this luxe balm from Ava Anderson. Safety first, lovelies!
- Cellulite fighter: Who wants cellulite? We certainly don't! Get rid of the stuff with this tried and true lotion from Vichy!
- All-purpose razor: Summer means sexy sun dresses and bikinis, and lots of exposed skin, so that means you need to stay smooth! Keep your legs touchable with one of our fave razors, the Schick Intuition Naturals Sensitive Care Razor.
- Bronzer: Say au revoir to body imperfections with this easy alternative to bronzer from Per-fekt! A subtle color brings some life to skin and a slight shimmer adds a touch of shine to your life.
- Exfoliating scrub: Scrub away dull skin and get a luminous glow with this exfoliating scrub from LaLicious. It literally smells like cookies... need I say more?
- Deodorant: As the temperature heats up, deodorant becomes a woman's BFF, and we're currently crushing on this little baby from Secret.
- Body lotion: Get rid of your heavy winter moisturizers, ladies, and grab this light delicious smelling Vanilla Grapefruit lotion from LaVanila!
Summer is here, and it's time to show off those well-groomed tootsies in some flirty nail shades! Get flip flop ready with our picks.
- Summery shade: Our latest obsession? Deborah Lippmann's breathtaking blue shade On the Beach. The blue reminds us of gorgeous ocean views!
- Softening socks: When I need to be pedi-ready in a jiffy, I turn to these truly softening socks from Bliss. Pop them on after a shower and your toes will be super soft in 20 minutes!
- Convenient polish remover: We like to change our nail colors like we change our minds in the summer -- often -- and that means we need some convenient nail polish remover for those times when we're on the go! That's why we love these natural little babies from Priti NYC.
What kind of a summer beauty guide would this be without the most important beauty item -- sunscreen? Load your cabinets with the stuff, lovelies, and enjoy the sun in a safe way!
- Facial SPF: For days when you won't be spending too much time in the sun, SPF 30 is plenty enough, and I won't go anywhere without my J?SÖN C-Effects Anti-Wrinkle Day Lotion.
- Body SPF: There's nothing worse than sticky or smelly sunscreen! That's why we're loving this one from Vichy. It goes on smooth and doesn't leave a nasty after effect.
- On the go SPF: We rarely leave our house without this amazing and convenient SPF brush from Bare Escentuals. Its size makes it small enough to toss in your bag and it's the perfect way to refresh your SPF every two hours without messing up your makeup!
- Lazy girl's SPF: For you lazy girls out there -- you know who you are! -- this spray-on SPF from Neutrogena is about to become your new BFF. High SPF protection, easy spray on bottle. What else could you ask for?
Watch: How to wear your hair at the pool or beach
Love going to the beach or pool but don't know what to do with your hair? Here are a few quick hairstyle ideas for beach days and pool parties.