ScarJo’s braided halo hairstyle: Get the look
Scarlett Johansson looked absolutely gorgeous at the The Avengers premiere in London with her braided halo hairstyle and a beautiful Prada dress. Read on to find out how to recreate her look with ease.
Even if you aren't going to a red carpet event, you'll love this halo hairstyle. Though it looks complicated, if you know how to French braid, it's actually very simple.
How to recreate Scarlett Johansson's look
The halo braid is perfect for formal occasions but it can also be pulled off casually. It's great for the summertime when you are looking to get your hair up and off your face and are tired of the same old ponytail.
- Start your French braid in the middle of the back of your head, drawing into the braid from along the hairline.
- Continue making a horizontal braid, encircling your head clockwise and drawing hair from along the hairline.
- When your reach your starting point, finish the ends with normal braid and secure with a clear hair band. Then tuck the ends under the French braid and secure with bobby pins to disguise where the halo begins and ends.
If you don't know how to French braid, you'll have to learn before you can start making the halo. French braiding isn't difficult but can take some practice.
How to create a French braid
A French braid is very similar to a traditional three-strand braid, except you continue pull new hair into the braid from both sides. Follow these easy steps to learn how to French braid.
- Separate hair into three strands. Cross the right strand over the middle strand, then cross the left strand over the middle strand.
- Add some hair from the right side of the head to the new rightmost strand. Then, cross that strand over the middle strand.
- Add some hair from the left side of the head to the new leftmost strand. Then cross that strand over the middle strand.
- Continue braiding, alternating right and left and adding hair from each side as you go.
Check out more hairstyles to help beat the heat >>
Photo credit: WENN.com
Easy halo braid
If you want the look of a halo braid, but you don't quite have the hang of French braiding, you are in luck. You can actually get a similar look with a simpler twist version. Check out this halo braid video tutorial to learn how.