How to steal Jennifer Hudson's hairstyle
We constantly find ourselves obsessing over stunning Jennifer Hudson’s long, dark hair. How does she create and maintain that luscious mane? We consult celebrity hairstylist Andre Walker to get the inside scoop on how to get this Dreamgirl’s luscious locks. Plus, we show you how to steal one of our favorite J.Hud’s red carpet looks!
How to achieve the dark wavy style
- Note: If you’re looking to create a larger wave, use an extra-large curling iron and/or large Velcro rollers, take 2-inch sections, curl the sections with your iron and then set it on a roller and secure.Use a great shampoo and conditioning treatment, like the Andre Walker Keratin Shampoo and TKO Deep Conditioner for beautiful shine and manageability.
- Cut long layers, making the hair appear lighter and fuller. Tip: A razor or thinning sheers is best to take away some of the bluntness of the ends, creating a softer finish.
- Just before blow drying, add a touch of oil and a styling cream like Optimum Care Heat Protection Polisher, and blow dry with a round brush for smoothing and volume. After drying, take 1-inch sections and spray with a light holding spray.
- Use a medium sized curling iron, start at the base of the section and wrap the section of hair all the way to the end and release the iron.
- Hold the section of hair in your hand, lifting until it cools off to set the perfect wave.
How to steal her red carpet look
We love how Jennifer lights up the red carpet in this electric yellow dress. Adding a bold dress will instantly grab attention… something this diva knows oh too well. Add neutral accessories and you will be ready for any show-stopping summer soiree.
For more information on Andre Walker, visit andrewalker.com.
Watch: What's your style DNA?
Today on The Daily Dish, Fawn Cheng gives tips for finding out your own style DNA.