Get the look: Nicki Minaj's straight strands
Nicki Minaj has rocked some pretty crazy hairstyles over the years, but we recently spotted the sexy singer rocking a sophisticated and fun straight 'do that we love. Want to steal her look? You're in luck!
Hairstylist: Terrence Davidson
Inspiration: Davidson wanted to add some lift and volume to Minaj's pin-straight locks, so he used ONE styling tools to give her locks a boost.
Get the look:
- Start with damp hair and mist strands with a thermal-protecting anti-breakage spray, like Davines MELU Shield.
- Next, dry each section with a natural bristle brush, angling the blow dryer down towards the floor. Davidson recommends using the ONE Epic Nano Pro Dryer -- choose the negative ion setting to help smooth out the hair shaft.
- Once you've completely dried your hair, set the front pieces in large pin curls while you style the rest of the hair.
- Next, use a straightener with negative ionic output -- like the ONE Slim Epic Flat Iron -- to lock in moisture and eliminate static and frizz.
- Take small sections and pass the straightener through the hair until you achieve your desired level of straightness.
- Apply a root-boosting hairspray to the roots (try Philip B’s Self Adjusting Hair Spray) to help add body and shine and dry the front sections to lift hair at the roots (make sure your Epic Nano Pro Dryer is set to positive!).
- Pass the straightener through the hair once more to smooth and finish.