Beauty DIY: Make an almond-lemon facial cleanser
Looking for a quick and easy way to smooth your skin and boost your beauty? Try this simple at-home recipe that will leave your skin tingling with health.
For a smooth, clean and refreshed face, try our almond-lemon facial cleanser. The oil in almonds provides the skin a boost of vitamins A and E, soothing dry or irritated skin and reducing redness and inflammation. Adding lemon juice to the mix can aid in reducing scars and acne, while making your face smell fresh and clean. Last but certainly not least, milk contains lactic acid and butterfat, which moisturize the skin, so try to use milk with at least 2 percent fat.
What you will need:
- Food processor or coffee grinder
- Measuring cup
- Measuring spoon
- Mixing bowl
- 1/8 cup of ground almonds (a coffee grinder works well)
- 2 tablespoons of milk or cream
- 1 teaspoon of lemon juice
- Combine all ingredients thoroughly.
- Use to gently cleanse skin, using your fingertips to work the cleanser in small circles.
- Rinse well with warm water.
- Enjoy your soft, clean skin and pop a few of those leftover almonds in your mouth, as they provide the nutrition you need for healthy hair, skin and are even thought to fight cancer!