2 Valentine’s Day makeup looks
Valentine's Day is the perfect holiday to experiment with your look and to impress your true love. Whether you are hitting the town or spending a romantic evening in, looking your best is the key to a beautiful night. Your makeup should be fun and flawless with an emphasis on natural beauty... the same beauty he fell in love with.
If you're staying in: Bright colored lips
When dinner by the fireplace and hours of cuddling are a part of your Valentine's Day plans, expect your lips to be the focus of his attention. Nothing says "kiss me" like a bright colored lipstick. If you choose to wear a bold lip, keep the rest of your look simple and clean.
Get the look
- With a sponge, dab a sheer/luminous foundation around the entire face, blending well. This will eliminate any redness and create the perfect base for your lipstick look.
- Don't forget to use a creamy concealer to soften and fade any shadows at the inner and outer corners of the under eye area and on top of the eyelid.
- Fill in your eyebrows with a soft taupe brow pencil to frame the face and add balance to a strong lip.
- Gently work the pencil throughout the brow, from the bridge of the nose outward. Use vertical strokes, following the same direction as the hair growth. You are trying to create a shadow between the hairs, not actual hairs themselves.
- Use a brow brush to blend the pencil up and out of the brow… it should look soft and subtle, never harsh or forced.
- Finish with a coat of clear brow gel.
- Apply two coats of shiny, black mascara from the lash roots to the tips. Apply liberally, but never messily. You don't want your lashes to steal the focus away from your bright lips.
- Add a sheer, light reflecting cream or powder to the top of your cheeks and down the bridge of your nose to enhance your natural bone structure, and create some reflectivity. Make sure you choose a lightweight formula, smooth in texture and without any obvious flecks of glitter.
- Make sure you choose a shade flattering to your skin town. Whether it's bright pink, brick red or tangerine, always go with your gut. If you love how it looks, he will too.
- If a bright lipstick makes you feel a little bit outside your comfort zone, simply dab the lipstick onto your lips with your fingertips. This technique will control the amount of pigment, softening the look and allowing you to create a custom lip stain. Even more kissable!