While we adore a sleek, straight look for winter (especially with a fierce winter headband), try channeling your inner bohemian or red carpet diva with a boho chic and glamorous look to spice up your office or weekend look.
- Start by parting your hair down the center and brush softly to eliminate any tangles in the hair.
- Just above the ear, drop out a 3″ wide by 1″ sub-section and clip remaining hair up and out of the way.
- Using the ghd Gold 1″ styler at the root area, clamp hair lightly between the plates and rotate under a 1/2 turn and slowly glide styler down a section 2″ to 3″ before rotating styler in the opposite direction one full turn (360 degrees). Again glide styler down a section 2″ to 3″ and then rotate in the opposite direction one full turn. Continue this sequence through to the ends of the hair.
- Repeat this technique on each section, working up to the center part. Continue styling with this same procedure on the opposite side and then again on the back of the head, dividing hair into two or three sections.
- Finish by running your fingers or a brush through the hair to soften and blend waves.
More hair styling tips
Rushing to get to your boyfriend’s office cocktail party and really want to make a statement? You can easily achieve that Reese Witherspoon and Angelina Jolie look with Bodine’s six-step glamour plan.
- Divide your hair into five equal sections (one on each side and three in the back) with the top parted from the middle of the eyebrow and brushed to the opposite side.
- Starting at the bottom of each section, drop out a 2″ x 2″ sub-section and clip remaining hair up and out of the way.
- Using the ghd Gold 1″ Styler at the root area, clamp hair lightly between the plates and rotate under a 1/2 turn and slowly glide styler through to the ends of the hair to create a curl. Now roll this curl around your fingers and secure at the root area with a small hair clip. Repeat this procedure on all sections until the entire head is set with curls and spray with hairspray.
- Remove all hair clips and completely brush out previously set curls until smooth, directing one section from the middle of the eyebrow to the opposite side and the other section back away from the face and behind the ear.
- On the heavy side, using your hand and a brush, mold the front hairline into a wave pattern and secure by spraying with hairspray.
- Using pre-braided long hair extensions that match your hair color, secure one end with bobby pins above your ear. Wrap braided hair around itself and secure with bobby pins as necessary to create the desired shape. These are just some of the styles you can create with ghd’s top products.