New Year's Eve hairstyles
Who are you going to kiss at midnight? You will impress any crush with these party-appropriate hairstyles inspired by the film New Year's Eve. Dazzle away!
Whether they're running to meet a midnight lover, singing in the middle of Times Square or saving a life, Sarah Jessica Parker, Lea Michele and Halle Berry all understand what it means to truly celebrate the new year in Gary Marshall's New Year's Eve. While several stars make appearances in the film, we couldn't take our eyes off these leading ladies' hairstyles. Dying to create the hairstyle for your bash? We'll show you how to look just as fabulous in simple steps. (You can thank us next year!)
Sarah Jessica Parker
Looking for the perfect wave this holiday? Our favorite style icon Sarah Jessica Parker rocks the look flawlessly throughout the film. (We even saw hints of Carrie Bradshaw in her look…. swoon away!)
- Clump. Take three or four clumps of hair and either braid or simply secure with hair bands at the end.
- Iron. Take a simple flat iron, like Folica's Sedu Iron, and run over each clump clamping for a few seconds to create the clumped, wave look.
- Unravel. Undo all hair ties or braids to reveal the waves and kinks from the flat iron.
- Spritz. Carefully loosen up hair and spritz your favorite holding spray to keep the waves in place all night long.
Nothing says "I need a midnight kiss" more than a straight and sultry look. Lea Michele even grabbed Ashton Kutcher with the style in the film!
- Tame. Using a taming spray (we suggest Paul Mitchell's), smooth all flyaways before you start any straightening process.
- Iron. Flat iron your locks starting from the roots down to the tips. We prefer lightly flipping the ends of the hair to give the look a little more body, rather than straight down.
- Spray. Spray the locks with your favorite holding spray to make sure your hair stays as straight as it can for the evening.
- Shine. For instant glamour, try Amika's Obliphica Finishing Shine Spray to protect your hair and keep it moisturized until that big kiss at midnight.
You will literally command the entire room if you strut into your party with Halle Berry-inspired short and spiky locks. With that fierce hairdo and soft and subtle makeup (something Berry does so well), you will be able to choose anyone at midnight. (In fact, they'll line up for you!)
- Dry. Take this Remington hairdryer and make sure your hair is almost dry after a shower. (Just make sure it is not completely dry.)
- Gel. Use a styling cream, such as got2b's Playful Texturing Crème Pomade and grab single clumps of your hair and spike up in any direction you prefer.
- Crunch. Slightly crunch your spikes to make them appear somewhat messy, but still put together.
- Set. Spray a little of your favorite hairspray to ensure the spikes stay in place the whole night.
Don't forget to check out New Year's Eve in theaters now to see all of these hairstyles in action. You won't be disappointed!