4 Fun, easy ways to spice up your look this season
Even though we're at the start of a new season, it can be easy to fall into a rut where beauty and style are concerned. Transitioning from summer to fall takes effort, and depending on your schedule, you may not have had time to shop or reorganize your closet or makeup bag to reflect the cooler temperatures. To help get you ready for a fun and fabulous fall season, we've put together a few simple ways to get you re-energized and feeling fabulous.
Color your lips
Painting your pout one of fall's juicy berry or wine-stained shades is a great way to rev up your look this season. It's almost impossible to feel blasé about beauty when you're sporting one of the hottest post-summer lip colors, not to mention bold-hued lips are a great way to go glam in a subtle yet statement-making way. Whether you opt for a lipstick or stain, giving your smile a serious dose of color will help shake off any end-of-summer style blues you might be feeling. Try Estee Lauder Pure Color Crystal Lipstick in Plum Fizz, a deep, warm red plum.
Spray a new scent
Uplift your senses with a new fragrance for fall. There's no better time to add a new signature scent than when the seasons are changing. Summer was all about light, floral, effervescent options, but as the temperature drops, look for moodier, muskier scents with a hint of sexy spice. We've picked three of our current go-to seasonal scents:
- Tom Ford Black Orchid: A sultry scent featuring spicy floral notes along with jasmine, citrus, bergamot, sandalwood and vanilla among other warm notes.
- Stella McCartney Stella: An intriguing combination of lighter florals with the darker notes of amber.
- Marc Jacobs Lola: Fun and flirty, this sensuous scent mixes the spicy (pink peppercorns) with the floral (pink peony, geranium) with the woodsy (musk, vanilla).
Change up your tresses
You don't need to chop off several inches to make a statement. Even small changes can make you feel refreshed and ready to take on a new season in style. We've put together some simple ways to change up the look of your locks this fall.
- Change your part: Seriously, if you always part your hair on the right, go left or down the middle. It makes a difference.
- Add accessories: Hair accessories, from barrettes to hair bands to baubles with bling, make for an easy but fun way to spice up your look.
- Opt for highlights: Instead of going for all-over color, improve the shade you do have with partial highlights. They can make a big difference.
- Aim high: From messy buns to sleek ponytails, adding a simple up-do can offer a whole new look.
Go for get-noticed nails
No time for a new outfit? No problem. Give your nails a seasonal makeover with one of the fabulous fall shades available. No longer an afterthought, nail polish is now firmly planted in the fashion spotlight as the ultimate finishing touch to the perfect outfit. Some shades to think about for fall include earthy greens, rich maroons, plush purples, mega-watt metallics and calming neutrals like creamy beige or soft gray. Choose a few favorites and give your nails a whole new look as we head into fall.