How to rock a classic black blazer
A classic black blazer is an essential component that can be the foundation of your wardrobe. A blazer isn't just for the office. With the right complementary pieces, you can wear a black blazer just about everywhere. Check out these four very different ways to rock a classic black blazer.
Start with a classic black blazer with a slightly nipped waist to give it a more feminine shape. In each of these outfits, the foundation piece is the Rag & Bone classic blazer ($450 at Barneys New York). If you are going to wear your blazer often, invest in a high-quality one that will last you for many seasons to come.
For casual friday
Casual Friday doesn't mean Sloppy Friday. Look chic and casual by teaming up your classic black blazer with skinny jeans and a ruffled blouse. The red top and bag add a punch of color to this outfit that's vibrant and fun. When you get off work, just slip off the blazer and you'll be ready to go out for drinks with your girlfriends.
- Mother The Look low-rise skinny jeans ($195 at Net-a-porter)
- Oasis plain ruffled blouse ($37 at Oasis)
- MICHAEL Michael Kors Red and Knox satchel ($487 at My Wardrobe)
- MICHAEL Michael Kors Vanessa boot ($225 at Nordstrom)
For a first date
Slip into a floral print mini dress and top it with a classic blazer. Rich colors like purple and fuchsia are perfect for this look. Add suede pumps and a matching flirty bag to complete the outfit in style.
- Anna Sui floral print silk blend dress ($193 at The Outnet)
- Beaded ball amethyst drop earrings ($12 at 1928 Jewelry)
- JJ Winters suede fringe clutch ($297 at The Trend Boutique)
- KG Bella bow front platform pumps ($256 at ASOS)