Sexify your look
The natural look is great for the office or for hanging outdoors, but you'll want to vamp up your appearance for a special night out. Follow these tips to make your makeup and hair look sexy.
Play up your eyes.
The eyes have it! A traditional smoky-eye look is perfect for a sexy evening, but there are other sulty eye makeup styles to consider, as well.
Purple eye makeup
Purple is sexy and intriguing. Apply shimmery violet eyeshadow from your lash line to the crease. Line your eyes in deep purple and then add two coats of black mascara.
Dramatic winged eyeliner
For a completely different look, wear neutral eyeshadow and put all the emphasis on your eyeliner. Dramatic winged eyeliner doesn't have to look tacky (e.g., Amy Winehouse). It can be totally sexy if done right. Use a black liquid eyeliner and extend it just a bit in a precise line. To avoid mistakes, draw your wings in a light eye pencil first, then trace over it with liquid liner.
Check out our smoky eye tutorial. >>
Perfect your pout.
Get full, sexy, kissable lips with these lip tips:
- Exfoliate first. Brush away dead skin and prep your lips with a toothbrush and a little Vaseline.
- Line your lips right. Apply lipliner that matches your natural lip color just slightly on the outside of your lips to give you the full-lip look.
- Pick the right lipstick. Use a highly pigmented lipstick in true red or red with slightly bluish undertones. Avoid orange undertones, which make teeth look yellow.
- Apply with a brush. Use a tiny lip brush to get smooth, beautiful color and get the lipstick all the way to the corners of your mouth.
- Gloss up. Add a dab of gloss in the middle of your bottom lip. Smack your lips together to spread the shine.
Get your glow on.
We aren't talking about bronzer on your face. For a truly sexy look, your legs, arms and decollete should have a subtle glow. Use a dry oil such as Kiehl's Superbly Restorative Argan Dry Oil that adds a dewy, smooth, enticing look to your skin without being greasy.
Follow these tips to enhance your cleavage with makeup. >>
Tousle your hair.
Sexy hair isn't perfectly coiffed; instead, it's rather messy and tousled -- as if you've just rolled out of bed but still look fabulous.
Give your hair a little texture by working some Bumble and Bumble Surf Spray through damp hair. Flip your head forward and blow your hair dry upside down. When your hair is almost completely dry, flip your head back and finger-style into place.
The perfect red lips tutorial
Watch this quick tutorial to learn how to achieve the perfect red lips.