3 Oscar hair styles worth trying
Just because Awards season is a wrap doesn’t mean you can’t rock red carpet hair like your favorite celebs. Keep reading to see how you can get gorgeous locks like your favorite ladies of the big screen.
Glam it up with these three Oscar 'dos
Go ahead, pretend all you want that you watched the Oscars for the speeches; we know it was to play armchair Fashion Police from your living room.
Now get out there are live the dream with these three fun and flirty celebrity hair styles straight from the red carpet.
1. Mila Kunis
Want Mila's romantic up do? Here's how it was done, according to TRESemmé Celebrity Stylist Mara Roszak.
1) Apply TRESemmé Naturals Mousse to wet hair and rough dry, parting the hair to one side.
2) Wave hair away from the face in sections with a 1" barrel curling iron.
3) Brush out the curled sections with your fingertips and form an "S" wave around your face.
4) Pull hair softly into a messy chignon and finish off the look with a soft hold by spraying TRESemmé Naturals Finishing Spray all over locks.
2. Reese Witherspoon
Even though she looked like Malibu Barbie, this retro ponytail is pretty adorbz. Be the queen of the sock hop with your own perky pony. Stylist Sal Malafronte from Mario Russo Salon tells you how.
1) Section hair into three sections (a Mohawk section, two side sections, and the back section).
2) Pull side sections into a high pony tail at the crown.
3) Curl hair with a 1 ½ inch curling iron and brush out.
4) Tease the Mohawk section into the ponytail.
3. Natalie Portman
Purple Grimace gown aside, Natalie's hair looked stunning. To recreate her Oscar worthy tendrils, Sedu Elite Styling Consultant and celebrity stylist Tommy Buckett recommend:
1) Divide hair into 1" sections, combing out any tangles.
2) Using the Sedu Revolution Tourmaline Ionic Styling Iron, take each 1" section and make one quick pass on the hair shaft to ensure an even line of shine and an even temperature.
3) Wrap each 1" section once around one plate. Turn the iron 180 degrees while pressing lightly and clapping the iron to allow movement. Let sit for a few moments.
4) Let the hair drop from the iron and cool in your hand. Give a little twist to set the wave and repeat with the rest of the hair.
5) Finish off the look by tousling hair your fingers.
There you have it!
Whether you're walking the red carpet or shopping at Target, look like a shining star from the neck up!
Just because these women are on the big screen doesn't mean you can't steal their look. It isn't impossible and you can look just as good. With the right beauty tips and little effort you can recreate these Oscar hairstyles into your own leading lady look.