To play down a big middle
Look for dark colors, ruching and small, busy prints to visually whittle away pounds. “Gathering can hide lumps and bumps and horizontal seams or stripes are naturally slimming,” Raes says. “Wrap suits are also really flattering.”
25. Kenneth Cole halter swimdress ($92) Ruching, ruching, ruching. That’s the key to slimming your middle and this suit has got plenty of it! Plus the gorgeous emerald color is easy on the eyes. (Shown above).
26. Figleaves Shaping Halter Draped swimsuit ($83.33) While we love the unique hue in this magenta one-piece, it’s extra special because of the slimming abilities of its wrap style.
How to flaunt it if you’VE got it
Seek out sexy monokinis and skimpy bikinis to flaunt a toned middle half.
28. Cut-out ruffle monokini ($58) This is a swimsuit for any girl looking to make a statement. Not only is the cut loud and proud, but the graphic print and frill detail along the middle are also bold.
29. Purple rhinestone accent swimsuit ($87) For something a little less daring, but still statement-worthy, try this one-piece all pretty in purple.
30. J. Crew Flowering Lily twist bikini ($54-58) If you want to go the bikini route, this is a classic look that still flaunts your flawless tummy. (Shown above).
Make a note: Flaunting your body type doesn’t mean you have to be a size zero. Finding a suit for your features, whether big or small, will have all shapes and sizes looking their best.