Hot holiday gifts: Blue handbags
When shopping for the holiday season, you will undoubtedly find times when you are hunting for bargains, while other occasions you may be willing to splurge a little bit extra. One terrific Christmas gift idea, whether for your mom, sister, girlfriend, wife or even yourself, is a handbag.
Blue is the hottest color of the season and that goes for purses and handbags too. Looking for bags in all shades of blue from deep navy suede to glossy cobalt patent. Here are our top picks for hot blue handbags, from bargain choices to luxury splurges.
Handbags under $100A bag doesn't have to cost a fortune to be a great gift. These bags offer high-end style without the high-end priced tag.
1. Fossil crossbody bagThe crossbody bag is growing in popularity. It's casual yet chic and features lots of pockets for all the essentials. Priced at just under $100, this leather bag is available right now at Macy's.
2. Faux patent satchelThis Kate Spade inspired bag features a brilliant blue color and a roomy interior. This blue satchel is a must-have at just $50.99 at Accessory Bug.
3. Satin fleur clutchA classy evening clutch doesn't have to be expensive. You can get this one from J.Crew for under $100. The bright blue satin will add a burst of color to a little black dress or any black ensemble.
4. Bagtique patent front buckle satchelYou might think this is a designer bag, but it's actually quite affordable. Made with glossy leather like patent PVC, this large blue handbag will add some shine to any outfit.
Handbags over $500On the other end of the spectrum, these blue handbags are each worth more than five bills. If you are going to splurge on a designer bag, you must be sure that the recipient is going to like it. If you are confident with her sense of style and really want to give her a fantastic gift, go ahead and buy one of these beautiful bags.
5. Carlos Falchi pleated python clutchTeal python and a pleated design create this gorgeous clutch. This bag features a framed top and chain shoulder strap. Priced at $1,060 at Neiman Marcus, this python clutch certainly is a luxury buy.
6. Maddalena Marconi quilted patent clutchThis sophisticated patent leather clutch features unique quilting and a crystal encrusted clasp. Available in blue, green or purple, this bag is priced at $623 from Forzieri.
7. Chloe heloise braided hoboThe hobo is one of the most popular styles of handbags this season. This gorgeous choice from Chloe feature light blue lamb leather and woven, braided handles. Definitely a splurge purchase, this leather hobo is available at Bergdorf Goodman for $1595.
8. L.A.P.A. indigo blue croco hoboThis bag just screams luxury with its croc-embossed leather and gorgeous silhouette. This blue designer bag is priced at $846.