Homemade hair masks
If you have spent the summer in the sun and the water, it's time to start reviving your hair for the fall. If your hair is dry, damage and has lost its shine, you can revitalize it with a hair mask. These masks use healthy ingredients from your kitchen to hydrate and rejuvenate your hair.
Banana avocado mask
It doesn't sound appetizing at all, but you aren't supposed to eat it. Instead, slather your hair in this rich mask to bring back its luster.
- 1 medium banana
- 1 egg
- 1/2 avocado
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 3 Tbsp buttermilk
- 3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Mash banana, egg and avocado in a small bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients and stir until well combined.
- Apply to hair from roots to tips.
- Leave in for 30 minutes and then wash out with a moisturizing shampoo.
- Double the recipe for long hair.
- Use twice a month to maintain healthy hair.
Yogurt hair mask
For dry, frizzed out hair, this recipe will bring back the moisture, leaving your hair silky and manageable.
- 1 egg white
- 1/4 cup plain organic yogurt
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- Beat egg white until frothy.
- Mix with yogurt and mayonnaise.
- Massage into wet hair.
- Cover with plastic shower cap or plastic wrap.
- Leave in for 30 minutes, then wash out with a mild shampoo.
- Rinse with very cold water.
- Use monthly to moisturize hair.
Avocado hair mask
For another hair mask recipe, check out this video! This one uses avocado and lemon.
- 1 whole ripe avocado
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 Tbsp aloe juice or gel