Rejuvenate your skin with homemade facial cleansers
Making homemade beauty treatments can be fun. Using ingredients that are usually found in your kitchen, you can create homemade facial cleansers and DIY masks that will leave your skin feeling healthy, fresh and clean.
Honey and oats facial scrub
For normal skin
This DIY scrub will help exfoliate and revitalize skin.
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon whole milk
- 1 teaspoon ground almonds
- 1 teaspoon ground walnuts
- Combine all ingredients and apply mixture liberally to moistened face.
- Allow to dry for 10 minutes.
- Remove with warm washcloth.
- Rinse face with splash of cool water.
Peppermint lavender facial scrub
For oily skin
This homemade cleansing scrub will help to fight oily skin and reduce breakouts.
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup almonds
- 1 teaspoon dried lavender
- 1 teaspoon dried peppermint
- 1 cup white cosmetic clay
- 1/2 cup honey
- Grind oats, almonds and dried herbs to a powder with a blender. Mix in clay and honey.
- Store in sealed container in refrigerator.
- To use, remove 1 tablespoon of mixture from container.
- Mix with warm water to form a thick paste.
- Apply generously over face and neck, and massage well.
- Rinse with warm water.
Cucumber yogurt facial cleanser
For sensitive skin
This mixture will nourish skin, tighten pores and help reduce blemishes without drying the skin.
- 1 small cucumber
- 1/2 cup yogurt
- 3 tablespoons beaten curds
- Puree cucumber and yogurt in an electric blender.
- Pour into a small bowl. Stir in beaten curds and mix well.
- Apply paste over entire face and massage well.
- Leave it on for 5 minutes and then rinse with cool water.