Sunless tanning tips from Sundara
We all know about the damage that the sun can do to our skin. If you want to get an allover glow as we head towards Spring, you definitely need to consider healthy alternatives to traditional tanning. Changing the face of sunless tanning forever, Sundara Airbrush Tanning recently reopened its New York flagship spa with a new, improved and chic space in Hell’s Kitchen. This wonderful salon provides state-of-the-art, all-natural spray tans for people of all skin tones. What makes Sundara different from other salons? Sundara works by customizing each customer’s tanning needs through consultation and individual assessment.
Because your tan is applied by a tanning technician (rather than a machine or yourself), your tan will go on evenly and not look streaky. Their flawless application coats the body and face evenly and beautifully. It's speedy yet effective. The application takes less than three minutes and lasts at least 10 days before gradually fading. Safe for all skin types and 99% natural, each Sundara spray tan delivers a healthy alternative to traditional harmful methods of tanning.
Sundara is an ancient Sanskrit word that means "beautiful." The newly-opened Sundara Airbrush Tanning salon is located at 425 West 46th Street in New York City. If you are living in New York or planning a visit, make sure to check out Sundara.
The experts from Sundara were kind enough to share with us these important tips for achieving the perfect sunless tan.
- Shower, exfoliate and shave the morning of your appointment.
- Remove moisturizer, body lotion, perfume, deodorant, makeup, sunscreen and cologne.
- Avoid waxing, dermabrasion and facials within 24 hours before treatment.
- Wear dark, loose-fitting clothing to the salon.
- Take with you a bathing suit, loose socks or flip-flops to salon.
- Do not wear white clothing, tight clothing, leather, nylon, wool, silk, or jewelry immediately after treatment.
- Avoid showering, rain, sweating, and exposure to water for eight hours.
- Moisturize entire body twice daily for at least one week using Sundara body products.
- Avoid Jacuzzis, hot tubs, chlorine, and very long hot showers.
- Exfoliate lightly on fifth day after treatment.
Sundara RatesFull Body - $75
Half Body - $45
Face Only - $25
Two Full Body - $130
Five Full Body - $275
Ten Full Body - $450
Sundara Airbrush Tanning also makes a great gift! Visit their website at sundaranyc.com to learn more about Sundara's products and services or purchase gift cards. With Spring Break right around the corner, you can get bikini-ready with a great sunless tan without causing any skin damage.