A home spa party is a great way to get together with your girlfriends for a day of fun, relaxation and food! A spa-themed party is terrific idea for a bachlorette party, bridal shower, baby shower or anytime. If you have a bunch of single girlfriends, plan a spa party for Valentine’s Day to celebrate friendship, love and life!
How to host a spa party at home
At-home spa treatments
Though many salons and day spas will allow you to throw a spa party at their facility, it’s much more fun (and cheaper!) to throw a spa party at home.
If you like, you can hire a massage therapist to come and give short, relaxing massages to the guests. Or you can just spend the day (or evening) with home beauty treatments such as facial masks and pedicures.
Make sure to read: 3 Tips for a safer pedicure >>
Check out some of our best recipes for homemade beauty & skincare products >>
Favors and spa treats
Regardless of your budget for the party, there are lots of little things you can send home with your guests to make them feel extra special and commemorate the occasion.
- Purchase colorful robes for your spa party guests to wear during the event, and let the gals take them home with them. You can even go the extra step of getting their names embroidered on the robes!
- You can also put a goodie bag together with sample-size nail polishes and lotions for a fun variety of spa treats.
- If one of your spa party activities includes making homemade beauty of skincare products, provide decorative jars for your guests to scoop of some of the leftover products and take home with them. Offer ribbons to tie around the jars for just the right touch!
Food and fun
Food and drinks are another important element to a great spa party. Keep the food light and fresh, and the drinks indulgent. Set out a few trays of fresh fruit, along with raw veggies and dip for snacking. Add some dainty finger sandwiches and colorful cocktails, and you and your girlfriends are good to go!
Here are some recipes to get you started:
Apple Chicken Finger Sandwiches
- Two large apples
- 1 pound prepared chicken salad
- 20 slices of wheat bread
- Cut bread into heart, stars and other fun shapes, using cookie cutters.
- Purchase prepared chicken salad from your deli or supermarket.
- Slice the apples into very thin wedges.
- Spread chicken salad evenly on bread.
- Top one slice of bread with a few wedges of apple.
- Use a second slice of bread to create a sandwich.
- Repeat to make 10 sandwiches.
- 2 oz. of orange juice
- 1 Tbsp. Grand Marnier
- Orange slices
- Crushed ice
- Place a very small amount of crushed ice in a champagne flute or wine glass.
- Pour orange juice into glass.
- Add Grand Marnier.
- Top off with enough champagne to fill the glass.
- Garnish with orange slice if desired.