Homemade winter hair treatments
As the cold weather kicks in, many women have problems with dull hair, split ends, flyaways and dandruff. This winter, take care of your hair dilemmas with these all-natural homemade haircare products. These beauty remedies will have your hair looking lovely in no time. Bonus: the leftovers can be used on salad!
Hydrate dull, dry hair with this special deep conditioning treatment. Since the conditioner is homemade, you don't need to worry about all those nasty, color- and moisture-stripping chemicals!
- Combine a small jar of mayonnaise, two egg yolks and a 1/2 avocado in a bowl and mix with a fork to make conditioner.
- Smooth the mixture onto your hair working from root to tip, paying special attention to split ends.
- Wrap your hair with plastic wrap, then place a hot, damp towel over the plastic.
- Leave on for 25 minutes, then rinse conditioner out thoroughly with cool water. Voila -- soft locks that are homemade!
Ginger Dandruff Treatment
Buying a jumbo bottle of dandruff-whicking Head & Shoulders doesn't exactly make you look like the coolest chick in the checkout line. Get rid of dandruff flakes and dry, itchy scalp with this wonderful homemade treatment.
- Press a small amount of ginger root to get one tablespoon of the juice.
- Combine ginger juice, 1 teaspoon of vegetable oil and 1 teaspoon of fresh lemon juice in a small container.
- Apply mixture to your scalp and let dry for 20 minutes.
- Immediately shampoo and rinse hair as usual.
- Use twice a week for best results.