10 starter beauty products for glitter virgins
Over the years, glitter has gotten a reputation for being slightly tacky, something that should be reserved for Halloween, nights at the club, or in the case of one very puzzling social media trend: beards. But all that’s changing, thanks to the fact that high-fashion runways are embracing glitz in a very real way.
Just look at the most recent round of shows: For Fall 2016, Marc Jacobs had models take the catwalk with their hair covered in a dark glittery film, Opening Ceremony smeared silver sparkles across ears and cheekbones, and Kenzo experimented with a shiny cat-eye. Even Tommy Hilfiger and Burberry—two typically subdued labels—saw makeup artists experimenting with glitter-accented eyes and cheeks.
Personally, I’m of the mind that glitter can be worn anywhere, at any time of day. My bedroom floor always has a trail of sparkles from the amount of shiny, sequin-flecked shoes I own, and I’ve long integrated shine-friendly products into my beauty arsenal–whether it’s a glitter hairspray or embellished polish.
But if you’re not sure how to take on the beauty trend, I suggest you start small by lining your upper lid with a liquid glitter liner. A little goes a long way–and you might be surprised at just how wearable it actually is. Shop 10 more options above to help you get the look.
Glitter product guide
1. Urban Decay Heavy Metal Glitter Eyeliner (Sephora $20)
2. Deborah Lippmann Nail Lacquer - Glitter Nail Polish (Sephora $20)
3. Lime Crime Zodiac Eye Glitter - Aquarius (Amazon)
4. Joico Pink Dust Shimmer Finishing Spray (Loxa Beauty $7)
5. Make Up For Ever Glitters (Sephora $15)
6.Glitter lipstick (Stargazer $4 GBP)
7.Sally Hansen Big Top Coat Treatment, Glitter - Blue Moonlight (Drugstore.com $6)
8. Major Moonshine Hair Glitter (Urban Outfitters $28)
9.Wet n Wild Color Icon Glitter Single, Spiked (Drugstore.com $6)
10. Pressed Glitter: Out of this world (Glitter Injections $13)