10 makeup tricks to highlight your best features (INFOGRAPHIC)
Are you in the market for a new look this year, but don’t know where to start? If you know how to use the tools of the trade, you can bring attention to any feature of your face that you’d like. It’s just a simple lesson that you need to learn — and once you do, the possibilities are endless.
- Eyes that pop: This makeup artist trick feels a little awkward when you first do it, but it is so life changing. You have to put your eyeliner on the inside rims of the top and bottom of your eyelids — the area more near your eyeball. Perfect nightlife look: unlocked!
- Eye base/eyebrow shimmer: I love to apply a bright shimmer from the base of my lids all the way up to the bottom of my eyebrows. It’s a great way to make your eyes pop and accentuate the color of the eye shadow that you choose to wear for the night. And as a bonus, the shimmer hides eyebrow strays — something I am always guilty of having!
- Eye lift: I just love highlighters! Draw an arch directly above your eyebrow with a highlighter, blend with your finger and it will look like you’ve had an eye lift! Bliss! I just saved you so much money.
- Eyebrow pencil lift: If you need to work on the shape of your eyebrows, you can actually change the way your face looks by altering the shape of your brows with some pencil work. Simply color in a new design by focusing on the top portion of your eyebrows — not the bottom.
- Mega lashes: If you use a lash curler, here’s a trick that no one seems to remember. Heat your curler for a few seconds with a blow-dryer. No more than five seconds. This one, small step will give your curler a long-lasting effect.
- Contour nose: This is easier than you think. You can make your nose look smaller by using two different colors of foundation. First, apply foundation that is one shade darker than what you normally use on both sides of your nose. Then, blend onto your cheeks. Finally, choose a lighter shade and apply it to the bridge of your nose — that’s the thinnest part. Blend, and you are done!
- Exfoliate your lips: The winter can especially dehydrate us, and one way to get our lips ready for the latest matte shade is to give our puckers a good scrubbing prior to heading out for the night. You can use any exfoliating cream on hand or grab your toothbrush and gently scrub for a few seconds.
- Add a little color to your cheeks with blush: It’s really about the apples of your cheeks. Dab your choice of color on the center, and then use your fingers to blend the color up to your temples.
- Lip foundation:Apply some foundation on your lips if you want to ensure that the color you apply is as close as possible to what you see in the tube.
- Start off with a stain: If you are planning a full night out with friends and don’t want to worry about having to reapply your lipstick over and over again, start with a lip stain. It won’t necessarily give you the full color that you started off with before you left the house, but if will ensure that you have some color on your lips all night long. Try to top the stain with lipstick in a matching color.
What are your thoughts about some of these tips? Do you have any you’d like to share? Would love to hear your thoughts!
This post is part of a sponsored collaboration between Abreva and SheKnows.