With winter comes steamy mugs of hot chocolate, snowflake piled window sills, cherry red decorations and the smell of fresh balsam burning in the fireplace. So, pull out your softest sweaters, tallest boots and coziest scarves — winter will be here awhile.
If you are looking for some new, fresh fashion ideas for this winter, turn to the beautiful minds of fashion bloggers. They take risks, pair the unexpected — but mostly — have fun with style. Take after them and be bold this winter. Here are nine comfy, cozy and super chic winter outfit inspirations.
1. Bright and cheery
Although soft grays and creamy ivories may make you want to curl up with a cup of tea, don’t be afraid to get loud with color. Choose your brightest scarf and cheeriest jacket and hit the streets.
- Bright scarf (Etsy, $40)
- Turquoise blazer (Ebay, $35)
- Patterned tights (ASOS, $15)
- Black skirt (Romwe, $9)
- White gloves (Kohl’s, $17)
2. Vintage florals
This vintage, feminine look is flawless — and timeless. And what’s more? All of these pieces can easily be mixed and matched into the rest of your wardrobe.
- Collared dress (Venus, $34)
- Black tights (Kohl’s, $10)
- Cream trench (Macy’s, $180)
- Quilted bag (Target, $37)
- Mauve sunglasses (Loft, $25)
3. Rosy red
If winter were a color, I think it’d be the most delicious shiny shade of candy apple red. Pull that color into your apparel, onto your lips or even onto your happy pup.
- Red dress (Maycool, $30)
- Tweed peacoat (Macy’s, $130)
- Leather gloves (Kate Spade, $138)
- Knit hat (Glik, $12)
- Cute puppy
4. Soft as snow
This look is so classy — and so easy! You most likely have all of these pieces in your wardrobe already. The outfit can work for the office or for a date.
- Sweater dress (New York & Company, $45)
- Black leggings (Charlotte Russe, $9)
- Statement earrings (Express, $20)
- Fashion tote (Boscov’s, $30)
- Knee-high boots (Sammy Dress, $18)
5. Sleek slates
If you have trouble pairing items to create an outfit (like I do), start with variations of one color. Here, the outfit is made of varying tones of gray and black. Easy peasy.
- Knit sweater (Sheinside, $24)
- Leather mini skirt (Zaful, $17)
- Black tights (ASOS, $8)
- Ankle boots (Target, $40)
- Leather bag (Ali Express, $26)
6. Shimmer in champagne
Sometimes, it can be hard to get dressed up in the winter because all your cute mini skirts and dresses are way too cold! Try a long maxi skirt and make it edgy with a leather jacket.
- Maxi skirt (Lulu’s, $40)
- Sequin top (Lyst, $20)
- Leather jacket (Fashion Mia, $29)
- Shoulder bag (Macy’s, $39)
- Big shades (Target, $15)
7. Pretty plaid
Give your outfit one stunning piece, like these black and white plaid pants. By keeping everything else simple, your focal piece will really stand out.
- Plaid pants (Saks Fifth Avenue, $72)
- Black peacoat (Venus, $39)
- Pretty pumps (Jolly Chic, $15)
- Black bag (Boscov’s, $30)
- Leather gloves (Forever 21, $11)
8. Sporty and spiffy
Running out to do a quick errand? Don’t you dare touch those jeans and that sweatshirt! Instead, put on a pair of leggings, sneakers and your best leather jacket.
- Leather jacket (Guess Factory, $48)
- Leggings (Charlotte Russe, $9)
- Sneakers (6pm, $40)
- Black shirt (New York & Company, $12)
- Shoulder bag (Target, $19)
9. Cozy and warm
One of the best things about winter? Comfort. Save all your tight tees and short skirts for summer. With this outfit, wear a cozy sweater and add some spunk with some amazing thigh highs.
- Turtleneck sweater (Abercrombie & Fitch, $40)
- Gray skirt (J.Crew, $45)
- Trendy bag (Sammy Dress, $12)
- Thigh-high boots (Sears, $20)
- Gold accessories (Express, $88)