When it comes to summer makeup, the first thing I think of is bronzer. Of course we all crave that healthy, golden glow, but this summer’s makeup trends will have you thinking outside the box. Here are some ideas on how to have fun with your makeup.
Wearing shades of purple on your eyes is not only one of the easiest ways to have fun with your makeup, but it’s also a summer beauty trend. Here are some tips straight from the runways:
- Incorporate plum into your smoky eye by using a few monochromatic shades with complementary colors.
- Apply lavender shadow as an all-over wash of color for an easy daytime pop.
- For a touch of color, line your upper or lower rims with deep plum shades, which make a great alternative to black.
When thinking of rocking a bold lip look, the color red immediately comes to mind as it’s classic and sophisticated. This season, try experimenting with different shades of pink.
- Exfoliate your lips using a sugar-and-oil mixture for a smooth canvas.
- Press a richly pigmented shade into your lips using your finger to ensure it stays put for hours.
Ready to embrace color? Share a pic when you try out the trends on Instagram using #JMColorFun and tagging @Jeannine_Morris. I’m excited to see your looks.
Disclosure: This post is part of a collaboration between Crocs and SheKnows.