The outfit that will change your thoughts on plaid
It's pretty clear by now that we have a style crush on Taylor Swift, and why wouldn't we? The girl has an insane sense of what works for her and mixes high and low fashion effortlessly.
Why we're obsessed
Our thoughts on plaid have been a bit mixed up until now — it can so easily go from good to tacky, after all —but Taylor's outfit has, dare we say it, transformed our opinion of the print. Thanks to a preppy collar and a subdued color, this dress has swiftly made its way onto our crush list.
How to style the look
Black tights and heels are of course a must for this look, but the statement bag is what really pulls the whole ensemble together, so go ahead and break out your most killer purse and walk confidently ahead, stylish lady.
- Plaid Shirtdress (loft.com, $70)
- Hanes Silk Reflections Pure Bliss Ultra Sheer Tights in Jet (kohls.com, $13)
- ABEO B.I.O.system Heather Neutral (thewalkingcompany.com, $175)
- Serinda Bag in Plum (shoedazzle.com, VIP price $50)
- Eye Earrings (eluxe.ca, $20)
- Give it a Twirl Lip Gloss Duo (bareminerals.com, $18)