4 Outfits to help you look on top of your game
It's no secret: When you dress your best, you feel your best. Fashion isn't just about freedom of expression, but about the confidence you project out in the world.
Like it or not, your clothes impact how others perceive you. Want to dress for success without sacrificing your individual sense of style? Power dressing is key. Here are four outfits that help you look on top of your game.
1. Flattering sheath
When you want to turn heads faster than Joan on Mad Men, a figure-flattering sheath is the way to go. You'll command the room while staying stylish in this colorful dress with a pair of slick nude pumps in patent leather. Top off the look with statement earrings that are playful but not too playful. You're in business — literally.
- Saiph Sheath (Anthropologie.com, $248)
- Corso Como Sashi Patent Pump (DSW.com, $70)
- Crystal-Fringed Drops (Anthropologie.com, $52).
2. Dressed-up denim
Who says jeans can't put you on top of the world? You can dress them up so easily. Dark denim looks especially sharp when paired with a bright jacket, like this fabulous studded number. A white peplum top is understated but still makes a statement. Add an anything-but-boring black sandal with edgy, chic stacked heels and buckles. Then cap off the outfit with stackable gold rings.
- Kasper Plus Size Studden Open-Front Jacket (Macy's, $129)
- Curvy Fit Jeans (available at JCPenney, Kohl’s, Sears, and Lee.com, Lee Platinum Curvy available at select Macy's stores)
- Plus-Size Peplum Top (Rainbowshops.com, $13)
- Report Two-Buckle Leather Sandals (Torrid.com, $84)
- 4-Tier Apex Ring (Torrid.com, $12.50).
3. Tailored blazer
A blazer is your No. 1 power-dressing essential. How else will you manage to pull together trousers, denim, skirts and dresses in a matter of seconds? Just about any outfit becomes 10 times more commanding when you slip into that fits-like-a-glove tailored jacket. You can't go wrong with a classic schoolboy style in navy mixed with a patterned pencil skirt, basic T-shirt and bold necklace. Polish the look with simple flats.
- Schoolboy Blazer (JCrew.com, $198)
- Autumn Bloom Pencil Skirt (Loft.com, $70)
- V-neck Slouch Tee (Madewell, $42)
- Stones and Pearls Necklace (Zara.com, $30)
- Frye Alicia Ballet Flat (Zappos.com, $178).
4. Trench coat
Ah, the universally flattering trench coat. Every woman should own one (in a neutral shade so it can be tossed over any outfit). Inject a dose of joie de vivre into your ensemble with a loose-fitting striped T-shirt and slim black trousers, plus a forest-green shopper purse that's both structured and roomy enough to fit all your work essentials. Get ready to own the room in this outfit.
- Junarose Double-Breasted Trench Coat (ASOS.com, $87)
- Two-Tone Leather Shopper (Zara.com, $179)
- Striped Linen-Blend T-shirt (Mango.com, $60)
- Stitched Detail Trousers (Mango.com, $110)
- Tahari Daisy Flat (DSW.com, $70).