DIY sunburn-soothing face and body mask
If you saw a little too much sun time and now resemble a juicy summer tomato, here’s a soothing, healing mask that feels heavenly and takes your pain away. This can be used on both face and body.
- 1/4 cucumber
- Aloe vera gel
- Vitamin E oil
- Food processor
- Small bowl
Slice the cucumber into several round slices and place them in a food processor. Do not peel; the skin contains vitamin A and will help the healing process. Pulverize until the cucumber is nearly liquefied. Place into the small bowl.
Mix approximately four tablespoons of aloe vera gel into the cucumber.
Add one teaspoon of vitamin E oil and mix everything together well.
Pat on the cucumber gel mask and let it sit for about 20 minutes. For body burns, you may want to sit in the bathtub or lie on a towel. For even more cooling power, trying lying under a ceiling fan on full blast.
Rinse with cool water afterwards and pat dry. Do not rub with a towel as it will further irritate your already sensitive skin.
- Store the aloe vera gel and cucumber in the refrigerator for maximum cooling and blood vessel constricting power.
- Apply moisturizer afterwards to keep your skin hydrated and prevent peeling.
- For a thicker mask, use more aloe vera gel and less vitamin E oil.
- Skip the cucumber and mix aloe vera gel with vitamin E oil to create an anti-burn moisturizer you can wear all day.
- Try adding slices of cucumber to a lukewarm bath with a little colloidal oatmeal to help with the itching and stinging effects of a bad burn.