Techniques to keep red hair vibrant
Glossy, vibrant red hair is what every redhead desires. Redheads, natural or "by choice" — are always searching for products to keep their red hair looking beautiful without the use of dyes or chemical-based products.
KEEP YOUR RED HAIR VIBRANT
Most redheads go from fiery red to dark auburn, or vibrant red to sandy blonde. Here are several tips to keep your red hair vibrant:
1. Color Depositing Shampoo & Conditioner: This a great option because it actually deposits color into your hair while shampooing. Use a product like Aveda ‘Madder Root’ Shampoo and Madder Root Conditioner. The longer the products (conditioner in particular as its more potent than the shampoo) are left on hair before rinsing, the more vibrant your color will be. Tip: Don’t exceed 5 minutes with either item.
2. Hair Glazes: In order to transform dull and lifeless hair into a luminous red mane, hair glazes are the way to go. Glazes are usually found in professional hair salons and are made of a blend of silicones and provide shine. The interesting fact about hair glazes is they enhance the hair without the use of color. If you're a redhead 'by choice,' hair glosses are also a great choice because it helps seal freshly applied hair color and it works as a “recharger” of color.
There are many hair glazes over-the-counter to choose from, but John Frieda ‘Clear Shine Luminous Glaze’ is one of the best. It’s always recommended to visit your hairstylist for the best results.
Why not take advantage of natural remedies?! They can usually be found in your kitchen and can definitely add health your hair.
1. Bananas are very good for the hair and scalp because it coats dull and rough hair with vitamins, making the hair much more manageable. Regular application of bananas is also known to control dandruff and helps to soften hair. Simply mix a ripe banana with an avocado and add coconut milk to the mixture. Apply it on your hair and wait for twenty minutes. You’ll notice stronger, more vibrant hair.
2. Peppermint not only pumps up color, but it also smells beautiful and leaves you feeling refreshed and full of shine. Use peppermint oil, but always use it sparingly. Mix 2 tablespoons of peppermint oil in 1 cup of water. Heat the mix on a stove or the microwave for a couple of minutes and let it to cool. You can place the mix on spritz bottle and spray your hair while it’s wet or you can add the mix to your regular shampoo and conditioner.
1. Want to turn up vibrancy a notch? Turn on your hair dryer to low heat as conditioner is setting for 2-5 mins.
2. Rinse you hair with 100% natural cranberry juice. This trick is a celebrity favorite, even Nicole Kidman has admitted to using it! Let it set for a few minutes, then apply a deep condition right over the juice. After 5-10 minutes, rinse thoroughly. Cranberry juice is a great way to naturally boost the red color in your hair.
3. Use sun care products in your hair to give it extra protection in the sun. Use: Shiseido ‘Refreshing Sun’ Protection Spray.
Rock it like a Redhead!
More tips for redheads