Summer maternity must-haves
Since summer and pregnancy have a hard time getting along, make sure you keep your wardrobe light and comfortable.
June 21 marked the first official day of summer. That means hot days, warm nights and a whole lot of time being spent outdoors. From BBQs to pool parties, and from boating to beach bumming, here are my summer maternity must-haves.
Light and carefree
Since summer and pregnancy have a hard time getting along, make sure you keep your wardrobe light and comfortable. Even though they are long, maxi dresses are always a good go-to since they are light and can easily transition from day to night. Another great summer maternity outfit is a pair of white shorts and a fun statement maternity tee. So let your hair down, beat the heat and take advantage of the fun summer styles.
1. Mia Maxi Dress (Heritwine Maternity, $27)
2. Maternity Low-Panel Cuffed Denim Shorts (Old Navy, $30)
3. Beach Bump Maternity Graphic Tee (Motherhood, $20)
Depending on how far along you are in your pregnancy, your feet might already be swollen, and this is when you should be glad it's summertime. Sandals are much better for swollen feet than boots, so treat yourself this summer to some colorful sandals.
1. Pink & Pepper Stately Flat Sandal (DSW, $30)
2. Lalla Women's Ragtime Sandal (Shoe Mall, $55)
Bathing suits and cover-ups
Bathing suits are the ultimate summer staple. No article of clothing screams summer more than a bathing suit. If you aren't comfortable with a regular two-piece bathing suit, there are so many cute one-piece maternity bathing suits out there. Find the perfect one for you, and flaunt that beautiful baby bump of yours.
1. Pez D'Or One-Piece Maternity Swimsuit (Nordstrom, $91)
2. Halter Maternity One-Piece Swimsuit (Motherhood, $30)
3. Carrie Bow Tankini Maternity Swimsuit by Maternal America (Bella Blu Maternity, $105)
4. Pleated Maternity Swim Cover-Up (A Pea In The Pod, $85)
5. Santiki Short Sarong (Due Maternity, $10)
Bright geometric prints are a hot beach trend this summer. If you are in the market for a new beach bag or a beach towel, geo prints are the way to go. Also, remember to protect your pregnancy glow from UV rays with a floppy sun hat and some hot new aviators.
1. Bold Abstract Geo Tote (Forever 21, $20)
2. Nine Space Geo Beach Towel (Urban Outfitters, $64)
3. Merona Floppy Hat with Gray and Metallic Strands- Tan (Target, $15)
4. Ralph RA4004 (Sunglass Hut, $125)
The summer heat can be really difficult on expecting mothers. Find different ways to stay cool while enjoying the long summer days. And if you have a vacation planned, make sure to have our summer maternity must-haves on your packing list. And of course, don’t forget the sunblock.