Six-week beach body challenge: Day 2
Get a slim summer body, discover new vacation spots and enjoy some flat belly snacks with the Beach Body Challenge.
Spring is flying by and beach season is fast approaching. It’s time to gear up and prepare for a sexy summer. We are starting now, so when that first hot day rolls around you can get into that bikini with all the confidence in the world, looking lean, strong and fabulous.
Photo Credit: Rieder Photography
Each day for the next six weeks, you can expect:
- A fat-burning, muscle-building move to add into your routine
- Beach body recipe or flat belly snack
- Ideas for sexy summer destinations
- Recommendations for cute bikinis and where to find them
Beach body move: Pull-ups (burns fat and tones upper body/core)
- Place hands slightly wider than shoulder width on the pull-up bar. Draw shoulder blades down and engage core.
- Pull yourself up to bring chin next to the bar without shrugging your shoulders. Lower down and repeat movement.
Flat belly snack: Berries
Photo credit: Verdina Anna/Moment/Getty Images
These delicious treats are an excellent source of antioxidants, which fight oxidative stress. This in turn fights wrinkles, signs of aging and reduces inflammation in the body. This delicious fruit is also high in water content, making it a prime candidate for weight loss.
Sexy summer destination: Santa Barbara
This beautiful town is nestled right between the mountains and the ocean. Spend the days outdoors hiking the picturesque trails, bike riding along the coast, and sunbathing at the gorgeous beaches. Enjoy the late afternoons in the funk zone, the new hip scene packed with wineries, great appetizer spots, and live music. Choose from many of the local restaurants for dinner that source their produce and most of their staples from local farmers.
Bikini pick: Acacia
Very flattering for the rear.