3 Moves to look killer in your crop top
It does not take an hour in the gym or a million workout classes to tighten up your tummy.
Crop tops have become the new and improved halter. From flowery prints to bandage tops, you can bet you'll see many of the celebs, as well as local gals rocking this cute style. If you are well stocked for the season, the next step is the workout. It does not take an hour in the gym or a million workout classes to tighten up your tummy. It just takes a few moves each day.
These moves are designed to strengthen and tone your entire stomach, giving you just the right combo of toned and trim.
How it works: Perform each exercise for one minute. Repeat the series three times. Try to incorporate the routine five to six times per week.
Equipment required: One medicine ball
Standing medicine ball twist
1. Stand with feet hip-width apart. Slightly bend both knees and shift hips back. Drive up through legs and twist toward the right. Extend arms straight up overhead.
2. Come back to center and repeat the movement on the other side. Continue to alternate. Maintain a strong core and lifted chest the entire time.
1. Come onto your side with feet stacked on top of one another and elbow directly under shoulder. Press hips up toward the sky and engage glutes.
2. Extend top arm up directly above shoulder. Maintain a straight line from shoulders to feet.
3. Hold for 30 seconds on each side.
Downward dog with knee to chest
1. Come into a straight-arm plank with wrists under shoulders and feet hip-width apart. Shift hips up and back forming an upside down V position with your body.
2. Lift right leg up above hip. Slowly draw knee toward chest, using core to draw inward. Extend leg back to straight above hip. Repeat movement for 30 seconds on each side.