Maternity fashions for Valentine's Day
Make the most of your Valentine's Day, baby bump and all, with these great fashion tips.
Valentine’s Day is just around the corner, and if you have a little one coming soon you have even more of a reason to celebrate. Maybe you aren’t the hopeless romantic type, or maybe you think of Valentine’s Day as just a Hallmark holiday; either way, do something! Right now is the time to enjoy date nights (or date days), because when your bundle of joy arrives it gets harder to plan time alone with your partner.
So what does an expecting mama wear during Valentine’s Day? Well, my rule of thumb is to always dress for the occasion. What are your plans and where are you going? Once you figure that out, you should have an idea of what to wear. Here are a few maternity style inspirations for whatever plans you have in store for Valentine’s Day.
Having a day date is always fun. It is a lot more relaxed and casual, and on a day like Valentine’s Day the restaurants will be less crowded. A maxi dress is always a good go-to. It’s romantic but still comfortable, and can easily be accessorized. If you are more of the casual type, a cute and festive top like this Heart Tee with a pair of jeans will do the trick.
1. Strappy Printed Tiered Maxi Dress (Haute Mommies & Bella Babies, $56)
2. NOM Pink Kiki Heart Tee (Belly Dance Maternity, $64)
So you and your partner have decided on doing the whole shebang. What do you wear now? At this point, it all comes down to the type of restaurant you choose. Is it casual? Or is it really fancy? Once you find out what the ambiance of the restaurant is, you can decide what you want to wear.
If you want to wear pants, my pick is a pair of red jeans or leather leggings. Pair your jeans with a dressy top, and your leather leggings with a more simple top and accessorize accordingly. If you choose to go with the leather leggings and a simple top, complete the look with a bold statement necklace. Putting on some finishing touches with accessories are sure to make an outfit pop.
1. Static Eccentricity Tunic (Mod Cloth, $33)
2. Florence Faux Leather Leggings (Heritwine Maternity, $20)
3. Maternal America Skinny Ankle Maternity Jeans (Figure 8 Maternity, $96)
4. Anabella Bib Necklace Set (Charming Charlie, $20)
5. Jules & Jim Cotton Voile Sleeveless Blouse Black (Lilo Maternity, $78)
Dresses are always appropriate for a date night. If you are going to a fancy restaurant, you can go all out. Unless you go to fancy restaurants all the time, who knows when you will do this again? Make the most of it with the dress that’s perfect for you. Of course, you can never go wrong with wearing a little black dress (or in this case, a little black maternity dress). Wear a sexy pair of red heels with it, and it's instant glam.
1. Baby Doll Sequin Maternity Dress By Maternal America (Bella Blu Maternity, $113)
2. Ruched Tank Maternity Dress (in Black) (Isabella Oliver, $155)
3. Suede Leather High Heel Sandal With Ankle Strap (Zara, $30)
No matter what you decide to do, the important thing is to enjoy it and to have fun. And while you are at it, you might as well look incredible.