DIY Margarita face scrub
An easy do-it-yourself face scrub perfect for the summer. The ingredients in this mask are inspired by a margarita.
Summer is here, which means margarita season is in full-fledged glory. While sipping on a margarita of choice, you can also have an easy DIY margarita-inspired face scrub.
This scrub will leave your face feeling refreshed, smooth and clean all day long.
This scrub requires four simple ingredients, and it comes together in a snap. Once you're done, we recommend you moisturize and apply cucumbers to your eyes for a truly refreshing experience.
Contrary to popular belief, the olive oil in this scrub will not make your face oily. Olive oil is very good for dry or sensitive skin. It also helps smooth your skin and add needed nourishment.
The fresh lime juice is a great binding agent for your skin. The citrus works to reduce the dirt and bad oils in your pores.
The natural cane sugar and coarse sea salt help to deeply exfoliate and remove the dirt that gets lodged into your pores.
Your face will look brighter and feel better after this refreshing margarita-inspired face scrub.
Margarita DIY facial scrub
- 3 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons natural cane sugar
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse sea salt
- Fresh cucumber slices (optional)
- Squeeze the fresh lime juice into a small bowl. Stir in the sugar, extra-virgin olive oil and coarse sea salt.
- Apply the scrub to your face, gently using your fingers to rub your skin. Pay special attention to any trouble areas, like the nose and chin.
- Rinse the scrub with warm water.
- Apply your favorite moisturizer and place cucumbers over your eyes for 5-10 minutes (optional).