This do-it-yourself mojito foot scrub will help you feel refreshed and make your skin feel great. Pour yourself a drink and start relaxing!
I love the smell and taste of fresh mint. It's very cleansing to me, which is perfect for a foot scrub.
This scrub is an easy, do-it-yourself, aromatic creation inspired by a mojito. This scrub has fresh lime juice, natural cane sugar, peppermint oil and fresh mint leaves.
Fresh lime juice is a natural astringent, which basically means it helps your tissues heal and bind.
The citric acid in limes also helps to remove the dead skin, giving you fresh feet for summer sandals. When combined with the sugar, it's a great exfoliant.
The fresh mint serves several purposes. Mint is known to be cleansing and purifying, plus the scent really helps you relax and enjoy the whole spa-like experience.
Mojito-inspired DIY foot scrub
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2-1/2 tablespoons natural cane sugar
- 3 mint leaves
- 2 drops peppermint oil
- 1/4 teaspoon Hawaiian pink sea salt (optional)
- Squeeze the fresh lime juice into a small bowl. Stir in the sugar, peppermint oil and salt, if desired.
- Finely dice the mint leaves and stir into the bowl.
- Apply the scrub and rinse with warm water.