Rihanna reaches new heights with a super high ponytail
Rihanna isn't a gal who's afraid to take a hair risk. She's experimented with bold colors and cuts before and we're always on the edge of our seat waiting for her next mane move.
RiRi recently turned heads in an incredibly perky ponytail that we've been dying to recreate ever since, so we turned to Aussie celebrity stylist Sarah Potempa for the step-by-step tips for transforming our locks into this trendy look.
Photo credit: JP Yim/Getty Images Entertainment/Getty Images
Get the look
- To get this ultra-shiny finish on your hair, deep condition hair with Aussie 3 Minute Miracle Shine. This will help to add a reflective surface to the cuticle to keep it looking shiny all day.
- If you have naturally textured hair or curls, smooth out any knots and touch up hair with the SARAHPOTEMPA Mini Touch Up Iron.
- Apply a workable hairspray like Aussie SPRUNCH directly onto your hair brush before each stroke as you brush the hair into a high ponytail. This will evenly distribute the hairspray while getting rid of frizz and flyaways. Secure the hair in a high ponytail with a strong elastic. TIP: To get the area underneath the ponytail smooth, tilt your head back and look up at the ceiling while brushing hair into a ponytail.
- Next, take a small section of hair, wrap it around the ponytail holder and secure with a hair pin to hide the ponytail holder.
- Then curl the hair in small sections with The Beachwaver by SARAHPOTEMPA for loose waves.
- The final step is to a take pea-size amount of Aussie Instant Freeze Gel and apply to the hair line. TIP: If you have pesky flyaways, apply the gel directly to a toothbrush to lay them flat.