Julianne Hough has a genius way to wear a grown-out pixie
For any gal who's ever chopped her hair into a pixie cut (or even a super-short bob), you know how limited your styling options can seem.
Photo credit: Michael Tran/FilmMagic/Getty Images
Braids, updos and the like are all a bit challenging to create, after all, when your hair is short. But Julianne Hough has shown us an easy yet adorable way to style your growing-out pixie to resemble a complex updo.
We got Moroccanoil’s Artistic Director Antonio Corral Calero to share his tips for recreating Julianne's braided 'do in a few simple steps. You're welcome!
Get the look
- For the perfect foundation, apply the Moroccanoil Treatment on damp hair. It is the perfect foundation for smooth, frizz-free style. It also makes hair easier to manage for creating the edgy pieces in the front.
- To add texture, apply the Moroccanoil Root Boost directly on the root. This will create lift and body at the top, essential for achieving Julianne’s style.
- Create a deep part on the right side. Blow dry hair with a small 25 mm Boar Bristle Round Brush, brushing hair toward the back of the head.
- Create a very loose crown braid, starting on the right side (going toward left). Secure with a bobby pin.
- Using the new Moroccanoil Molding Cream gently add extra texture and pull out pieces with fingertips. The Molding Cream will help create the piecey texture and added messiness with long-lasting hold and a shiny, frizz-free, edgy style.
- Tame flyaways and secure the style with a fine mist of the Moroccanoil Luminous Hairspray.