Score Katy Perry's super sexy V Magazine cover makeup
What do you get when you combine two sexy, strong women on one magazine cover? An amazing and provocative photo spread. Katy Perry and Madonna have teamed up for V Magazine's red-hot June cover and the results definitely push the boundaries.
If you follow magazine cover releases as much as we do, you've likely heard about Katy Perry and Madonna's June 2014 V Magazine cover, styled by Arianne Phillips. But have you seen the risqué photos yet? We have, and they don't disappoint. Both singers are known for their sexy personas and fashion risks, and their provocative cover poses are pretty much par for the course.
The mag teased us all with the bold shots this week, and although we have to wait until May 26 to score a copy at newsstands, we've got a few shots to hold you over in the meantime. Even better, celebrity makeup artist Sammy Mourabit, who created Katy's bold cover makeup look, was nice enough to share the step-by-step breakdown and inspiration for the COVERGIRL spokesperson's look: "My inspiration for Katy Perry’s V Magazine cover was the iconic Bettie Page. I wanted to pay homage to her bombshell beauty look, giving Katy that va-va-voom factor!"
Get the look
- Sammy started by touching up Katy's t-zone area with COVERGIRL’s Ready, Set, Gorgeous Foundation in Buff Beige #205.
- Next, Sammy used a dab of the Ready, Set, Gorgeous Concealer under Katy's eyes, on the outer corners and around the nose.
- Finally, Katy's cheek bones got a sculpting effect thanks to truMAGIC Sunkisser and Luminizer as well as a hint of Bombshell ShineShadow in Gold Goddess.
- Sammy started off by focusing on Katy's brows. COVERGIRL’s Brow and Eyemaker Pencil in Midnight Black and Brown provided shape and created a dramatic effect that was crucial to this bold makeup look.
- To achieve an eyeliner fading effect, resulting in a sexy eye that reflects light well, 2 Bombshell ShineShadows (Ooh La Lilac and Copper Fling) were mixed together.
- The inner corner of Katy's eyes got brightened up with Flamed Out Shadow Pencil in Crystal Flame next.
- For the finishing touches, Sammy skipped false lashes, instead opting for a coating of Bombshell Mascara in Very Black. Step 1 helped separate lashes, then Step 2 was used for the outer upper corners of lashes for a more dramatic and intense effect.
- Sammy mixed 2 COVERGIRL Lip Liners, Sublime #200 and Passion #215, together to find the perfect red-prune color.
- Next, Katy got a deep red finish thanks to a dab of LipPerfection in Hot #305.