Kendra Wilkinson's funky hairstyle with braided branches
Another week, another braid to gush over. Today, we're admiring Kendra Wilkinson's intricate crisscross version from afar.
The hot mom and reality star swept her blond locks up into this pretty 'do to hit the red carpet, but we think it's the perfect look for work, play and beyond. And guess what, it's actually easier to replicate than you might think. We got Cortney Peck, stylist at Boston's renowned Jeffrey Lyle Salon, to offer her tips for stealing Kendra's style. You're welcome.
Photo credit: Bridow/WENN.com
Get the look
- Start by sectioning out your hair into workable half up, half down sections. Then separate your entire head into 3 sections — 1 on either side and a mohawk section.
- Taking the top mohawk section, split it into 3 sections to start 3 small French braids.
- On your side section, make an inside out French braid (or for an easier version, just regular French braids). Braid all the way to the ends within each braid and secure with an elastic.
- Split the bottom half of hair into 2 braids. Start with top braids and braid, adding in side braids and bottom braids to complete Kendra's braided French braid.
- Add hairspray (Editor's note: We love Oribe Dry Texturizing Spray) and pin up any loose hairs.