Kristin Cavallari's beachy waves and crown braid combo
Motherhood definitely agrees with Kristin Cavallari. The mom of two and trendsetter seems to have really settled into her sense of style since giving birth to her prides and joy, and she's also stepped up her beauty game. Case in point? This ethereal 'do
Kristin wore her signature sunny tresses in loose waves and a subtle crown braid at a recent event and we're ready to copy the casual, cool look. Moroccanoil's Global Creative Director Antonio Corral has the tips for doing just that.
Photo credit: Brian To/WENN.com
Get the look
- Apply Moroccanoil Treatment to damp hair, focusing on mid-shaft to ends, to create the perfect foundation for shiny, manageable strands. For extra texture, apply the Moroccanoil Root Boost through hair from root to tip.
- Start blow drying the hair using your fingers until it’s about 70 percent dry. Finish drying the hair smooth using the Moroccanoil Boar Bristle Brush 35mm starting from front toward the back.
- Section the hair into 1-inch pieces starting in the front. Using a 1-inch curling iron, curl each section, focusing on the mid-shaft (leave ends intact). Pin finished sections close to the scalp and continue through the whole head. Let hair cool in pins to set the texture.
- Once hair is cooled, unpin each section and gently brush hair to expand curls using a wide-tooth comb.
- To create the crown, take a small piece of hair from behind the ear and braid. Bring this braided piece from one side to the other and pin underneath the hair. If hair is too short to create full crown, create a braid on both sides and connect them on crown with a pin.
- Finish with the Moroccanoil Luminous Hairspray Medium for a long-lasting style.