Get the look: Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen's Met Gala hair
It's a rare occasion when we get to see the Olsen twins step out together on a red carpet these days, so we made sure to appreciate every fashionable moment at last night's Met Gala. We even got Dove Hair and celeb stylist Mark Townsend to dish on the hairstyles he created for the fashion icons.
Inspiration: To complement Mary-Kate's vintage Ferre dress, Mark created a classic, yet modern look.
- To create Mary-Kate’s slicked back look, Mark mixed unrefined coconut oil with 20 drops of Dove Pure Care Dry Oil Treatment in a bowl and applied the blend to her hair from root to tip. The result? Mary-Kate actually got a conditioning treatment while she walked the red carpet.
- After he applied the treatment, Mark took Mary-Kate's hair and pulled it into a low bun, securing the 'do with a few bobby pins.
Fun fact: Mary-Kate usually asks Mark to use 5 hair pins or less, but for last night's Met Gala she let him use 10.
Inspiration: Ashley stepped out in vintage Chanel last night, and Mark wanted her hair to be "sleek, shiny, and effortlessly chic!"
Get the look
- Start your look by adding a few drops of Dove Pure Care Dry Oil Treatment to damp hair, then blow dry with a round brush.
- After blow drying, gather hair into a low ponytail and secure with an elastic.
- Since you're going for a sleek ponytail look, spray Oribe Soft Lacquer hairspray on a reusable mascara wand and run it through hair on the hairline and above the ears.
- Finish off your look and add extra shine by spritzing your entire head with Sally Hershberger Salon Smooth Fix.
Fun fact: To add contrast to Ashley's blonde locks, Mark tied a velvet ribbon around the base of her ponytail. This was actually Ashley's idea.