Get the look: Charlize Theron's Met Gala hair
Hollywood's A-listers stepped out in major style to celebrate the much-anticipated Met Gala in New York City last night. We spotted Charlize Theron wearing her pretty pixie in a super sleek, shiny way we adore. Lucky for you, we got the scoop on the 'do straight from her stylist.
When Charlize Theron steps onto a red carpet, she typically turns heads, and last night's Met Gala was no different. The actress and Dior spokesperson arrived to fashion's big night with beau Sean Penn on her arm wearing a strapless black and white Dior (of course) gown.
Charlize has been a member of the "short hair, don't care" club for some time now, and last night she opted to wear her grown-out pixie sleek and shiny. Inspired by Charles James, celebrity hairstylist Enzo Angileri styled Charlize, transforming her into a glam version of a Charles James model: "He was at the peak in the '40s so I looked at his work and tried to modernize it in a way that screamed 'Charlize Theron.' She is her own woman — so beautiful and romantic, with a bit of an edge," Angileri says. "The hair had the height of a '40s style, but the methodical 'messiness' of the curls was 100 percent Charlize. I didn't over style her — instead, I created a balance between hair and makeup."
Get the look
- Start off by washing and conditioning the hair with Davines NOUNOU Shampoo and Conditioner.
- With hair still wet, apply a generous amount of Davines This Is A Volume Boosting Mousse to create texture and movement.
- Now, blow dry locks with a medium round brush and straighten out just a touch of your natural curls (if you have them).
- After hair is completely dry, add texture with This Is A Medium Hold Finishing Gum. Make sure you warm the gum between the palms of your hands before applying, then work it into hair to create nice hold.
- To add a special extra shine, take a bit of Davines OI Beautifying Oil between your fingers and move it through the tips of hair.
- Complete your look with Davines This Is An Invisible No Gas Spray.