Get the look: Kate Upton's MTV Movie Awards hair
Kate Upton is known for her bombshell looks and last night she took things to the next level with some majorly bouncy curls at the MTV Movie Awards. We've got the scoop on her bold locks straight from her hairstylist, Peter Butler.
Celeb hairstylist Peter Butler (for Moroccanoil) prepped Kate for her MTV Movie Awards appearance last night. In creating the look, he was inspired by her slinky LBD and some hair stars of the past: “When envisioning the hair look that I wanted to create to complement Kate's Versace mini-dress, I was inspired by the works of Helmut Newton and Guy Bourdin as well as the strong and powerful '80s woman a la Cindy Crawford and Jerry Hall — I wanted big, polished hair.”
Get the look
- Kate's style features loads of volume, hold and lift. In order to create that perfect hair trifecta, Peter started off by applying Moroccanoil Root Boost to the roots of Kate's damp hair. He then saturated her locks with Moroccanoil Volumizing Mousse.
- Next, Peter blow dried hair in large sections using the Moroccanoil Paddle Brush.
- Dividing the hair into 2-inch sections, he misted each part with Moroccanoil Luminous Hair Spray, then wrapped each section around a 2-inch barrel curling iron to create a nice rough wave.
- To achieve Kate's tight curl and loads of bounce, Peter divided the hair at the top of the head into 3 separate sections. He then curled each section with a 1-inch barrel iron from front to back (bang to crown).
- After all the curls were cool, Peter brushed out all the hair with the Moroccanoil Boar Bristle Classic Brush. He then created a deep side part with a comb.
- After massaging a dime-sized amount of Moroccanoil Treatment Light through his hands, Peter began applying the product directly to the hair from the ends up to smooth the entire look. For a bit of extra shine, he sprayed 2 pumps of Moroccanoil Glimmer Shine into the air and wafted it over Kate's hair.
- To finish, Peter ran a wide-tooth comb through Kate's waves to make them look more natural and topped off the look with Moroccanoil Luminous Hairspray.