Get the look: Lupita Nyong'o's MTV Movie Awards makeup
Lupita Nyong'o won our hearts this award season with her elegance and beauty, but at last night's MTV Movie Awards, she showed off a different side: edgy and sassy. We've got the scoop on her bold makeup straight from her makeup artist, Nick Barose.
Lupita recently scored a pretty sweet role as a Lancôme ambassadress, and she celebrated by wearing all Lancôme products to last night's MTV Movie Awards. To go along with her fun and flirty rainbow colored dress, Nick created "sparkly, disco-inspired eyes."
- Start off by evening out skin tone with Teint Idole Ultra 24H in 550 Suede. Use sparingly over the spots you need it most and make sure to blend well.
- Cover up any imperfections with Maquicomplet Concealer in Deep Suede.
- Add a rosy glow with a bit of Blush Subtil in Shimmer Tamarind over the apples of cheeks.
- Get a glow that envies Lupita's with Star Bronzer Palette from Lancôme’s Summer 2014 Collection.
- Set your glowing skin with a light coating of Dual Finish Powder in 560 Suede.
- Create a dazzling metallic eye like Lupita's with Color Design Infinité 24H in Unlimited Silver and Color Design Eye Shadow in All That Glitters.
- Line your lids with a generous yet precise application of Artliner 24H Eyeliner in Black Diamond, extending at the ends slightly for a subtle cat eye.
- Add definition to lashes with Hypnôse Custom Volume Mascara in Deep Black.
- Nick created Lupita's juicy yet subtle lip using a combination of L’Absolu Rouge in Saffron Silk and Le Lipstique in Sheer Chocolate. Line and fill in lips, and then precisely apply a coat of your lipstick. For a subtle look, blot with a tissue after for a nice glow.