Celeb Hairstyle of the Week: Emily VanCamp
We have a total crush on Emily VanCamp's chic 'do. Find out why in this week's installment of Celeb Hairstyle of the Week.
If you're obsessed with ABC's Revenge like me, you know the show has some killer fashion and beauty moments (in addition to major drama). The show's star Emily VanCamp seems to have picked up a few pointers from her stylish character because she's been killing it on the red carpet lately. At a recent premiere, Emily wore her beautiful locks in a bouncy, soft blowout and we got the scoop straight from her mane man, celebrity stylist David Gardner, on how to recreate her look at home. Have fun, ladies.
Get the look
“Emily has gorgeous hair — her dress [was] a showstopper and she is such a natural beauty that I decided to make the hair soft and touchable to allow that to shine through. I wanted to give her a silky straight blowout with some volume at the root that would move with her as she walked the red carpet,” says Gardner.
- Start off by using a wide tooth comb on wet hair. Next, flip your head over and apply an egg-sized amount of Herbal Essences Naked Volumizing Souffle into your roots and work through hair.
- Now, flip your head back over and add a bit more product to the hairline to achieve extra volume and lift.
- It's time to prep your hair for your blowout now. Start by sectioning hair from ear to ear around the back of your head and pin the top section up. Starting from the back, blow dry hair straight using a large round brush to get more body and movement.
- Work your way through each section, blow drying with the round brush (I always make sure to blow dry at the hairline because the texture in that area can be different from the rest of the hair).
- After you blow dry all your hair, spray Herbal Essences Naked Sheer Shine Mist to lend hair a light, touchable shine.
- Now it's time to put your locks into large Velcro rollers — one away from the face on the top, one on the crown, one on each side and two in the back. Once the rollers are in place, spray your entire head with Herbal Essences Naked Flexible Hold Spritzer to maintain the lift in your roots without leaving the hair stiff or sticky.
- After you do your makeup and get dressed, take out rollers, brush through locks and you're ready to go.